Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Morning After

                 Girls night in was a success. We had some drinks, lots of laughs, and lots and lots of food. I think we overshot the menu. We giggled until the wee hours of the morning just like kids, although we were giggling at some very adult humor. At one point I don't even think we knew what exactly was funny, we all just kept laughing at each other laughing, it was infectious and I had tears running down my cheek. The best laugh came after one of the silly questions, "Have you ever gone skinny dipping?" and my friend answered, "No, I've never been skinny dipping, but now I chunky dunk" we all burst out laughing and I could hardly breathe.
                After the giggles wore off we settled for some champagne and Sex and the City. It was the perfect end to the perfect evening. We were all in our grown up jammies sipping some bubbly and enjoying our sweet buzz. During the movie we would spontaneously shout out "That's SO me" when a character said or did something that we identified with. Again, a perfect evening that led into the wee hours of the morning. We didn't hit the sack until about 3:30 AM.
                This morning I woke up to a clean house and some fresh brewed coffee. I thought to myself, I've got wonderful friends. And I do. They take me for who I am as a whole. It is very rare to find people that not only accept you, but also want to spend time with you despite your flaws and eccentricities. The first of the group left early so she could get some decent sleep. Apparently my snoring kept her up all night, but in my defense my sinuses were acting up as I don't usually sleep on my back or snore loudly. The only reason she believed me is that we used to share a room as teens and has stayed overnight here before. Then there were three. We gabbed a little while until the next departure and then there were two. We watched Sex and the City II over breakfast and after the movie my last girl left.
             And then there was one. I am now enjoying some me time while I wait for my family to come home and snap me back to reality. I needed this break. Our little group borders on dysfunctional and group therapy. I think we have all been recharged for the week and I will forever remember our night in since it was indeed one of the best nights in my life. I may not have lived in the big city or been able to wear couture and enjoy fine dining, but sometimes nothing beats a night in the country, wearing your jammies, and making chocolate fondue with all your closest friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment