I am a 30 year old married mother of 3. I created this blog out of sheer boredom. While blogging is a great cure for my boredom, I'm pretty sure my writing will cause boredom in readers. So you may want to stop reading now. My blog will be about anything and everything I decide to write. I don't have one topic I'm especially passionate about as I am not passionate about anything. I may decide to type one sentence and nothing else, just a random thought. I am not trying to gain any fame, fortune, or readers. I just want to write.
Random facts about me:
1) I am 30 and still like to watch cartoons
2) I got married at 19 and am still married 11 years later
3) I have 3 children, 10 year old daughter, 7 year old daughter, 4 year old son (son is high functioning autistic)
4) I am not in any way shape or form accomplished, fascinating, motivated, or any other things that make people interesting. I'm also not interesting.
5) I like food
6) My brother died when I was 15 (he was 17)
7) I'm Puerto Rican but don't speak Spanish
8) I'm self righteous
9) I have never been to a concert
10) I don't have a 10th one...see I told you I wasn't interesting.
Why did I choose "One level below happiness" as a title? My mother called to ask me what "content" means. I told her, "It means satisfied, one level below happiness. I'm not happy, but I'm content." She said, "Yeah, me too." Sad I know. But it's true. I am not one of those people that believe since I'm not happy, no one must be really happy. I like to think that someone got it right, just not me. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate my life, I love my children, I love my husband, I love my family, that's a lot of love. I'm just not happy. It's not a terrible thing really. I don't mind. I have moments of happiness, but that happiness that has people wanting to wake up in the morning and seize the day hasn't happened for me. Now here's the thing, I know it's my responsibility and choice to make myself happy, I just haven't done it. But I have chosen contentment.