Sunday, January 30, 2011

Achoo!

                        This morning I marched into the bathroom, head held high, looked in the mirror and said, "Hi my name is..." and before I could say "Slim Shady" I let out the biggest sneeze and was blindly groping for a tissue to clean up the brain matter that exploded out of my face. Disgusting I know. But it really happened. And I have been bed ridden ever since. None of my sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever, so I can procrastinate medicines are working. All they do is put me in a semi conscious state. Not bad if wanted to trip all day, but I had plans! The universe has a quirky sense of humor.
                        The sudden interruption to my immune system is a gift from my little boy that I've been nursing back to health since Thursday. Now I know why he was so miserable, this sucks! I am suffering now because I refuse to take my medicine and go into another coma like state until I type in today's entry. Score one for me against the universe! My little guy is still coughing and sneezing, but no fever, so he should be in the pink by Tuesday, and going by his time, I think I should be back to normal by Friday.
                       I am disappointed that I was not able to introduce myself to the manager today. But giving my potential employer the flu is not the impression I want to make, and boy oh boy would that make one. I hope I have a speedy recovery since my immune system if fairly strong and I have been eating immunity supporting vitamins like M&Ms. With all the vitamins I'm taking I could fight off malaria and TB. This flu had better be gone no later than Thursday. If I have to, I will sign up for dialysis.
                       The upside to being sick is I have a reason to lay in bed all day and do nothing. The downside? Well, the downside to being sick is that I'm the kind of person that likes to be lazy on my own accord. I don't like being confined to bed, and I certainly don't like sleeping all day. Why is it that I want to be active when I'm sick, but when I'm fine, I don't want to do anything? When I'm fine, I procrastinate and find reasons not to do things. Now that I've fallen ill (I love saying it like that) I want to get out and seize the day. What the hell is that about anyway?
                     When I'm sick I want to get a job, go to school, go skiing, go sky diving, and run for president. I think I need to have a low grade fever all the time so I can do something with myself while all my family and friends say, "Wow, she did all that while she's sick. She's amazing!" Maybe I'll go to the communicable diseases ward at the hospital, contract pneumonia, and get that presidency!

No comments:

Post a Comment